Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Jim Douglass, Lisa Pease, and Jim DiEugenio will speak at COPA conference in Dallas this November

Hey all - I'll have more to say about this eventually, but this year's COPA conference in Dallas will include some heavy hitters. I hear that Jim Douglass, author of what I consider the single best book on the Kennedy assassination to date, JFK and the Unspeakable, will be doing the keynote address.

Neither Jim nor I will be speaking at that other conference, JFK Lancer. So if you can only go to one, I hope you'll make it to COPA this year.

COPA is the Coalition on Political Assassinations, and the conference will be held the weekend of November 21-22, although it might start Friday night, Nov. 20. I don't have all the details yet.

If you come, please find me and introduce yourself. I love to meet the readers of Real History when I'm out and about!

6 Comments:

Anonymous simpilmindz said...

I'd love to attend but unfortunately I'm too far away (Scotland) and not in good enough health to travel that distance. Will you be able to report on the conference here?
Thanks for the tip re Jim Douglass's book. I haven't read that one but I'll be sure to do so now.
Take care.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

Pay my way to Scotland and I'll give you a report in person! ;-) Barring that, I don't know if I'll have the time to report on the conference, but we'll see. Many irons in the fire right now.

3:33 PM  
Anonymous simpilmindz said...

You've made me an offer I can't refuse. All I have to do now is find the money! :)
Yes, I remember you said before that you are busy with other projects.
I've now done something that was so obvious I never thought of it. I googled COPA and found their website, so presumably I should be able to read a report of the Dallas conference there. Hooah!

4:24 PM  
Anonymous dreid said...

I will be there this year for sure! Not far away and can drive

11:42 AM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

The more the merrier. See you there!

8:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa,
I have booked flights from Australia to attend the conference this year. Originally I'd planned on going to the JFK Lancer conference but the COPA line up of speakers is far better. I agree that Jim Douglass's book is great, however still love the work you and Jim did in the Assassinations. Look forward to hearing your presentation in November.
Mark Brigden

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home