Saturday, January 27, 2007

Stop the Cheerleader, Save the World

How many of you watch NBC's show "Heroes"? I laughed so hard at the episode where they decided that a cheerleader character was central to stopping a nuclear explosion in New York City. The meme from the show is, "Save the Cheerleader, Save the World."

I couldn't resist turning that on its head today as I marched to protest the war in my home town of Los Angeles. Did you know Bush used to be a cheerleader? So my sign said this:

Stop the Cheerleader
Save the World!


I truly believe we cannot end the war in Iraq until we remove both Cheney and Bush from office. It's our duty, as citizens, to ensure our government is responsive to the will of the electorate. We told Bush in very clear terms we do not want this war. Bush's response? An escalation. And he's conducted an in-house purge of those in his own administration who oppose him on this point.

If there was a clock to trace our progress towards fascism, I'd put the hands at about 10 minutes to midnight. Isn't that too close already?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hickory dickory scourge
"Dubbya" feels the Urge to Surge
If you think thats kinda zaney?
His back-ups Dick Chenney!
And the Facisim clock needs a purge.

1:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, did you know the official Doomsday Clock was moved up 2 minutes to 5 minutes to midnight?

6:02 PM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

I didn't - I have to do a post about that clock at some point.

I know in my saddest heart of hearts that we're going to bomb Iran. The only question is if Bush is crazy enough to use nuclear weapons there. I fear he just may be.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home