Monday, April 03, 2006

Previews of Coming Attractions

My time has not been my own of late, but when I regain the upper hand, I want to talk to you about "V for Vendetta", one of the most interesting films I have ever seen. It's a parable of our post 9/11 world. I don't want to say more yet - you should see it. But I'll blog about it extensively in the next few days.

I just saw it tonight and came home dying to talk to others about it, which is exceedingly rare. Most filmes are forgotten before I've even left the theater. This one will be with me for a while. I'm stunned by how much the reviewers of this film didn't get one of the central connections, so I want to fill in some of the missing picture.

See it. SEE IT! Then let's talk. It's not only interesting politically, it's just a great film in any case.

P.S. I shot off a letter to the LA Times in response to their article about how a new voter ID system here has dumped thousands of voter registrations because the Driver's license records and voter registration records did not exactly match. I didn't even know my letter had been published until someone else thanked me for it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home