Sunday, September 21, 2008

Lisa Pease speaking at Duquesne University

Dear readers,

I will be speaking at the upcoming conference "Making Sense of the Sixties" at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh Saturday, October 4. The conference runs October 3-5, and will feature some of the very latest research re the assassinations of Martin Luther King, Robert Kennedy, and John Kennedy.

If you come, please find me and introduce yourself. I really enjoy meeting others who care about Real History as much as I do.

My topic? The CIA and the RFK Assassination. I'm hoping to provide some of the historical context too often missing in discussions of these cases. Only the audience will know if I succeed in this quest.

I'm honored to be included in this group of speakers. I'm sandwiched between Robert Blair Kaiser, who worked as part of Sirhan's defense team in exchange for exclusive rights to publish a book about the case, and William Pepper, Sirhan's current lawyer as well as the man who brought the Martin Luther King case into court in a civil trial, convincing a jury that there was a conspiracy to assassinate King that included people within the government.

No previews here, but I will follow up in greater detail in one form or another after the talk.

Also - when I get some time, I'll post the slides from my COPA talk earlier this year, relating to the RFK case. "When I get some time" won't be at least until after this all-important upcoming election.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa:

I live in Pitt but unfortunately will be out-of-town that weekend, which is a rotten shame.

I really hope you follow up on the blog with a recap; it is of particular interest to people like me the NEW information that is coming out regarding JFK, MLK and RFK.

9:40 AM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

Oh, too bad, Gerry. I think the center sponsoring the event is planning to videotape the presentations and make them available I hope so, in any case!

10:19 AM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

And I'll give some kind of a recap, in any case.

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Lisa,

I just now discovered this website.
Thank you for speaking out!

I am wondering what you think of E.Howard Hunt's recent confession and the tape promulgated by his son. It seems authentic to me, and I'm wondering why it got so little (if any) media coverage - but I'm not surprised!

Nancy J Walker

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can listen to Lisa's review of that Rolling Stone piece here.

Read more here and here.

9:24 PM  
Blogger Dawn Meredith said...

So sorry I had to miss this. As I told you (email) I had court. NOw I have to miss Dallas for the same damn reason. In court all day 11/21.

Dawn

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home