Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Focused elsewhere at present

Some of you have been kind enough to express concern at my slow rate of posts as of late. Just know that I still care, will always keep caring, but for a while I have to focus on some offline activities. I'll post when something moves me to the point of outrage or if I see some necessary action that could really help.

This particular week, however, I am engaged in none of my usual activities. I'm actually making a fan book for this amazing talent named Austin Miller who is competing on NBC's reality show "Grease: You're the One That I Want" for a role in Grease on Broadway. But shhhh, don't tell him. It's a surprise. I'm a huge fan of talent, but have rarely been a "fan." But I have to confess, I can't take my eyes or ears off this guy. He's got an incredible voice, he's a fantastically energetic dancer, and he's got a heart that just comes right through in all he does. And you know me, I'm a sucker for a big-hearted talent pursuing a worthwhile dream. So this week, I'm just being a fan. Sometimes it isn't about saving the world. Sometimes I have to stop and smell the roses too. ;D

I grew up in Musical Theater and it will always be close to my heart. I got to hear my other talented musical heartthrob last weekend as well -- Jason Robert Brown. His songs are full of intelligent insight into the human condition, and wrought with emotion. Seeing him perform his own work was, well, the only thing that could have caused me to nearly miss watching the live taping of Austin in Grease last week. Fortunately, I'm adept at, shall we say, pushing the limits of what is allowed (that's putting it very discreetly) and managed to see both JRB and Austin in a single day. Fortune favors the bold. And that's all I have to say about that! ;D

1 Comments:

Blogger simpilmindz said...

Glad to hear you are okay. Yes, sometimes we have to take a little break from saving the world, otherwise we might go mad.

12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home