Monday, June 19, 2006

God Bless Robert Kennedy, Jr.

How can I not absolutely and completely love this man?

After all his family has suffered, no one would blame him if he had just curled up in a fetal position for most of his life. But he didn't do that. He has fought for the health of the Hudson River. He has fought to get to the bottom of the growth in autism and found a probable cause. He has served on the board of the National Resources Defense Council for decades.

And now, this. Robert Kennedy is actively considering possible election lawsuits for the fraud connected with the 2004 election.

While 99% of our party, and I'm not just talking about the elected leaders, are afraid to take on this issue, Robert Kennedy Jr. has raised his hand and said, I will help.

When journalists failed to do the job on this story, RFK Jr., who isn't even a journalist, had to do the job for them.

Now, when election officials, government officials, and party officials have failed to hold anyone accountable in the corrupt elections of 2004, this man has boldly, bravely (few in the country can appreciate this level of bravery, because few have had a father and uncle killed for stepping forward and trying to help), stepped into the fray.

I feel the need to say a prayer tonight. I want whatever God there is to wrap his man, protect this man, save us from the people who have sought for centuries to destroy this kind of man, and help him bring this country back from the brink of utter fascism. These are the darkest times I have ever known, politically, and I can't tell you what this does to me, knowing he is out there, like his father, speaking out for the powerless, the disenfranchised, the poor, and trying to use the system to fix what's broken. Please God, protect and aid this man in such a humane and necessary quest. Please don't let them take him from us. Please don't let them take such a man, again.

And I say to Robert Kennedy, how can I help you? What can I do? I would follow you into fire and back. You are a rare gem and I will always find time to be of service to those who strive so hard to protect the greatest number of us.

God bless you, Robert Kennedy Jr. How worthy you have proven to carry your father's name.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wolfmoonlady said...

(((Lisa)))

I was greatly moved by your heartfelt post on RFK Jr's crusade against voting fraud. I agree, he is our greatest hope in these dark times.

RE: "Please God, protect and aid this man in such a humane and necessary quest. Please don't let them take him from us. Please don't let them take such a man, again."

Echo that! We must pray for the angels to watch carefully over him.

Take care, Lisa, keep writing, and know that we need you, as well!

Fondest Blessings, Morgan

8:21 PM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

I'm humbled and touched by your comments, Morgan. Prayers all around for all of us. As the bumper sticker on my car says, "God bless the whole world - no exceptions!"

10:40 PM  
Blogger Angie said...

Well said.

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home