Friday, October 29, 2010

Jim Douglass, Oliver Stone, Lisa Pease and Robert Ellsberg to speak in Beverly Hills

If you live near the Los Angeles area, I really encourage you to come hear Jim Douglass, Oliver Stone and myself speak on a panel moderated by Robert Ellsberg (son of yes, THAT Daniel Ellsberg) about Jim's excellent book JFK and the Unspeakable: Why he died and why it matters. It's the single best book I've ever read on Kennedy's life and death. It hones in on the most important parts of that history with a moral focus that will have you crying before the first chapter is over. Yes. It's that good.

I'm both nervous and excited to be included with such a group. If you attend, please introduce yourself to me after. I really enjoy meeting other Real History lovers!

The details of the engagement, as well as a link to buy tickets, can be found here: http://www.americanvoices.beverlyhills.com/. Summary details:

Date: November 8, 2010
Time: 7:30 p.m.
Cost: $20 without a book, $32 with a book (which the author will sign after the event)
Location:

Saban Theatre
8440 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
323.655.0111

Hope to see some of you there!

7 Comments:

Blogger Dawn Meredith said...

Lisa:
I wish Erick and I could come and see this talk. Of course you and I saw Jim's excellent keynote address in Dallas last year.
I am reading his book for the second time and it is just as good as it was the first time. I am thrilled to see that it has Oliver Stone so energized as well. I saw him on Bill Maher with the book last year. Maher did not seen too excited, but he's a typical MSN liberal- never saw a conspiracy he believed in.

I look forward to hearing about the evening after it happens. Have you ever met Stone beore?

I too consider JFKU the best book I have ever read on the case and I
have read virtually hundreds.

BTW I am re-reading yours and Jim's book as well. Great stuff.

Break a leg girl. And thanks for keeping history real.

Dawn

7:15 AM  
Blogger holytoledo said...

Lisa - I have followed your work since the Probe days and recognize the trailblazing work you have done over the years. You deserve the star billing!

Keep going. We need you.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

Dawn and HolyToledo - thank you both so much for your comments and encouragement. There's still so much to tell. I hope to shed more light on these events over time!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lisa, I've admired your work for years. I'm just listening to your recent interview on Black Op Radio, and was struck by how sensible (yet seldom-said) your take on a couple things are, specifically:
a) That the important thing regarding JFK's assassination isn't the minutia of this theory or that one, but what the broad outlines of that case say about our current political world.
b) That many people--well-meaning, smart people who consider themselves liberals and even fans of JFK--resist the mountain of evidence for a conspiracy simply because it requires acknowledging a level of immorality and corruption that is uncomfortable to live with. They themselves are good, kind, and moral, and to acknowledge that others are not this way, is not only disheartening to them but frightening. They do not wish to live in that world; and conventional historians and the mass media make it all too easy for them to avoid it. Trouble is, democracy is not for the squeamish.

Looking forward to hearing you November 8th. I'm fairly shy but perhaps I'll say hello. Keep up the fine work!

5:26 PM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

I promise not to bite, Michael! Please do come up. You can give me any name, if you feel shy. (A rose by any other name would smell as sweet, right?) But at least say you read my blog. I love to meet my readers!

6:49 PM  
Blogger Real History Lisa said...

Black Op Radio can be found at http://www.blackopradio.com - go to the Archived shows and look for my name (Lisa Pease) if you want to hear what Michael above is talking about.

6:50 PM  
Blogger john mccarthy said...

I missed the talk, dang it, but will be in Hawaii in April for the Black Op Radio Conference (with Delight) and hope to see you there too!

http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com/id34.html (Black Op Radio Interview from 2002)

Bests,
John

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home