Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Dream lives on, indeed

I have to say, as a Democrat, this is the best night I've had in many, many years.

I have a hope that I haven't felt in my entire life, that maybe we really do have a chance to climb back up the cliff from which our Democracy has been dangling, to reclaim a future stolen from us with the assassination of President Kennedy 45 years ago. Maybe. Just maybe, we can get back on track and become the country that fulfills the promise of its birth.

I think tomorrow will be something incredibly special. The fact that Obama's speech falls on 45th anniversary to the day of Dr. King's "I have a dream" speech is already giving me chills.

I've been a basket case this week, fighting back tears through many speeches, afraid to dream myself. But I want to dream again. I want to think that things can get better, and not simply worse. And I think no matter what happens they WILL get worse for a while yet.

But if anyone can turn this around, I truly believe Obama and his well-picked VP of Biden can. And if the Clintons really mean what they say, and will pull together, if this party can really pull in one direction, for once, we could be looking at an amazing, and positive, future.

Here's hoping.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lisa, I believe we will see this ship called America finally begin to turn back on the course set by FDR, JFK, RFK and MLK.

I'd rather be a Tax and Spend Democrat than a Borrow and Deficit Spending Republican.

War as an "off the books" spending gimmick is as ludicrous as the very War in Iraq. And Repubs try to sell themselves as the fiscally responsible, CEO type of party.

God Bless us if McCain gets in, and I'm a fellow Vietnam Veteran who admires his Military sacrifice - but he is not the same man of just 10 years agto.

Best Regards, John Rosina

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home